Cochrane is a non-profit organization, and thrives on the enthusiasm of volunteers.
Anyone can get involved in Cochrane activities, whether you have a medical background or not. You can help us in many ways:
- performing a Cochrane Systematic Review;
- assisting in Cochrane Belgium’s Wikipedia project (Dutch);
- assisting with the translation of plain language summaries (French);
- helping other reviewers screen titles and abstracts for their review via Cochrane Crowd;
- having a look at the platform Task Exchange that connects people who need assistance in their review process with people who have the time and expertise to help.
Additionally, Cochrane tries to reach and involve its end users as much as possible in producing and spreading its evidence. The Cochrane Consumer Network allows anyone, with or without medical background, to get informed and involved in Cochrane’s activities. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information. We are looking forward to having you on board as a volunteer!